Last Updated: March 02, 2019
Who We Are
Osano, Inc., A Public Benefit Corporation (“Osano”) creates software products that enable businesses to manage their own risk as it relates to data governnance and compliance.
What information does our web site automatically collect?
- IP Address, user agent, and the referring URL. When you visit our web site we automatically receive your IP address and information such as the user-agent of your web browser. This information is provided to us and every other web site that you visit on the Internet by your web browser.
What information do we know about you?
- We don’t request or require you to provide personal information to access our web site. As noted above, we may receive your IP address and user agent automatically. If you optionally elect to fill out our early access request form, we will receive your Name, Email, Phone number, and Company name as well as your stated interest in our products.
What about cookies?
- The Osano website may place cookies on your browser in order to identify you when you return to our web site.
How do we use the information collected by the our web site?
We use aggregate information to understand how many total users have visited our web site and the types of devices on which they are using it.
We use information you choose to provide in our web forms to sell software and/or services.
Do we sell any of the information collected by the Osano web site?
- No. We don’t sell or rent the information to any third parties.
What’s the difference between personal information and aggregate information?
- Personal information is information that can be used to identify a particular individual, generally understood to be information such as your name, physical address, email address and phone number. Aggregate information is not considered personal information and can’t be used to identify you.
Do we collect email address?
- We do not require you to submit your email address, or any other personal information, to us in order to use the Osano web site. If you use the information provided on the Osano.com website to contact us directly (e.g., email us at firstname.lastname@example.org) we will receive your contact information, but will only use it in order to respond to your inquiry. If you fill out a web form on our web site we receive your email and may store that email and associated contact information for up to 12 months.
- What Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Who We Share Information With
- Data Retention
- How To Contact Us
What Information We Collect
We limit the information we collect only to what’s necessary to insure the website operates correctly. You are not required to sign-up, register or provide personal information about yourself in order to use our web site.
When you use our web site, we collect the following information:
- Internet Protocol Address (“IP address”). IP addresses are assigned by your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast/Xfinity, AT&T, Time Warner, Verizon, Charter, etc.) to the modem used to access the Internet for connected devices in your home and/or work-place. Any devices using the modem to access the Internet may broadcast the same IP address. At home, connected devices could include one or more laptop/desktop computers, tablets, mobile phones, smart/connected TVs and gaming consoles. At work, connected devices could include one (or all) floor(s) in an office building.
- User Agent. Due to the nature of how the Internet works, we may receive information (known as “User Agent”) automatically sent by your web browser, such as data associated with the source device’s Internet browser/content delivery software (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome). The User Agent information we receive may also include information such as device type (e.g., computer, tablet, mobile device), and/or date/time of visit.
If you use the contact information provided on the Osano.com website to contact us directly, we will receive your contact information which could include, depending on how you contact us, your email address, name, company, reason for contacting, and postal address.
How We Collect Information
We collect information automatically when you visit our web site.
- IP address. Our web site receives IP address from your Internet-browser (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) each time you request a file or web page.
- User Agent. Similar to the collection of IP address, our web site also receive User Agent information associated with your browser (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and type of device (e.g., whether the device is running a Windows or Apple operating system.)
If you choose to contact us directly with an inquiry (by email or postal mail) using the contact information available to you on the Osano.com website, we will receive your contact information and use it to provide you with a response.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use aggregate information that’s collected to understand general information and trends related to our web site, such as how many users have visited our web site during a given period of time, and the types of devices the visitors use. The information can’t be used to identify an individual and is used by us to help improve the solution for consumers.
IP addresses – Fraud Prevention
Our use of IP addresses is limited to helping identify and combat potentially fraudulent activity. IP addresses are stored in our log-files and are deleted after 30 days.
Respond to Inquiries
If you choose to contact us directly (by email, form, or postal mail) using the contact information we provide on the Osano.com website, we will use your contact information to respond to your inquiry.
Who We Share Information With
- We will not rent, sell or share information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
- We may share aggregate information (i.e., information that cannot be used to identify an individual) for a variety of reasons, including under the following circumstances:
- To make our product better and foster transparency.
- If Osano, is acquired or merged with another company we will transfer aggregate information to the acquiring company.
- We may share aggregate information if necessary to comply with a subpoena or court order, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or to cooperate with government and/or law enforcement officials.
- For any lawful basis.
We do not require you to provide personal information to use our web site. Still, ensuring the information collected by our web site is secure and protected is very important to us. Consistent with industry standards and applicable law, Osano has established appropriate technical and organizational measures to help prevent unauthorized access to, disclosure, alteration or misuse of information collected by the Osano.com web site (“Collected Data”). We use Amazon Web Services to store all Collected Data. Amazon employs a robust physical and network architecture security program with multiple certifications. For more information on Amazon’s security processes, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
We store the information we collect from our web site in our log-files for a period of thirty (30) days from the date it was collected. After thirty (30) days, the data is deleted.
If you contact us directly using the contact information or form provided on the Osano.com website, we will retain your contact information as long as necessary in order respond to your inquiry. We may retain copies of these communications for a period of up to twelve months. After that, the communications will be deleted from our system, unless we are required by law to retain it longer.
How to Contact Us
Osano, Inc., A Public Benefit Corporation 3800 North Lamar Blvd Suite 200 Austin, TX 78756