1. Why did you decide to join Osano? Tell us the story of how you became an Osanian.
I was in my previous job for 10 years and I wanted a change. I had been managing engineers for several years and was hungry to get back to working as an individual contributor in a field that I’m passionate about — privacy.
2. Describe the company in one word. What made you choose that word?
Experienced. Osano knows how to hire people who know what we’re doing so that we can accomplish our mission.
3. What do you do in your current role?
As a software engineer on the Consent Management Platform team, I’m responsible for building new features that will benefit our customers, ensuring high quality, and shipping solutions consistently on-time.
4. What made you want to join a data privacy company? What drew you to this industry?
Data privacy affects every single one of us and in increasing measures. More and more of our lives and interactions are captured by connected devices. Cloud computing and the development of algorithms and machine learning have enabled organizations to sort through that data, analyze it, and act on it. It’s not always for our individual benefit, and often, we give away our data for free or cheap. We need to change that.
5. Which of Osano’s core values do you identify with the most? Why?
Operational Excellence. As a former Engineering Director, I understand how being good at this is the foundation of a successful company and how important quality engineering is to achieving that excellence.
6. What’s your favorite thing to do outside of work?
I love to travel to new places and try new cuisine. On a more frequent basis, I really enjoy gathering with close friends and playing board/tabletop games.
7. Is there anything else you’d like to add about your experience at Osano? Personal anecdotes, favorite team activities, ways your life has changed since starting your position, or anything else?
Being an engineer at Osano has been the best professional experience I’ve had. My teammates all care deeply about their roles and our mission. It’s a great organization to be a part of.