1. Why did you decide to join Osano? Tell us the story of how you became an Osanian.
I started at Osano only one month ago, so this is still fresh. I initially met with a recruiter who introduced me to Osano’s People Team. The team was so enthusiastic about the company, and it was clear they focused on employee experience above all else — which was a huge selling point for me. I then started reading about the product as well as Scott + Arlo's vision. The vision is huge and has the potential to have a profound impact on businesses and society.
2. Describe the company in one word. What made you choose that word?
Exciting. Consumers are becoming more aware of their data privacy rights and will soon be exercising those rights. It’s cool to work on the platform that will help them do that.
3. What do you do in your current role?
Well, I’m still onboarding, so not much besides studying for my CIPM cert and learning how to demo 😜. Once done, I’ll be selling Osano to Enterprise customers.
4. How does this role fit into your career goals? What put you on this career path?
I’m excited to help build out Osano’s Enterprise motion. I think it will be a great learning experience working with leadership and other account executives to figure that out.
5. What made you want to join a data privacy company? What drew you to this industry?
Consumers have had a laissez-faire attitude toward their personal information. I think that’s changing.
6. Which of Osano’s core values do you identify with the most? Why?
Tough question. Probably Bold Action. I’m dreaming of the day we IPO and all go rent an island for a week to celebrate!
7. What’s your favorite thing to do outside of work?
Golf. Although sometimes I wish it was something easier.
8. Is there anything else you’d like to add about your experience at Osano? Personal anecdotes, favorite team activities, ways your life has changed since starting your position, or anything else?
Osano provides a $1,000 home office stipend. I used half to purchase the Aipod Max headphones, which I use to take calls. Definitely wouldn’t have purchased them otherwise and can confidently say they are life-changing.