1. Why did you decide to join Osano? Tell us the story of how you became an Osanian.I wasn’t actually looking to leave my previous company but sometimes opportunities appear, and they’re hard to pass up. LinkedIn happened to suggest the job to me, and after reading the job description, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to take the next step in my career. A phone call and a few interviews later, and here I am!
2. Describe the company in one word. What made you choose that word?
Despite being a small company, Osano has done a fantastic job of empowering people with diverse skill sets from all walks of life. That provides us with a level of versatility in terms of the future of the product that you typically don’t see in companies of this size.
3. What do you do in your current role?I currently manage the implementation process for new customers, which includes product training and being a subject matter expert when it comes to the world of data privacy.
4. How does this role fit into your career goals? What put you on this career path?
I’ve always been someone who enjoys those light bulb moments. There’s nothing more satisfying than when the customer begins to see the true value of their investment. I’m also a huge proponent of providing great service because I appreciate when I’ve been given great service. Being in both implementations and support allows me to continue providing those moments as well as providing the support I wish I had every time I reach out to a company.
5. What made you want to join a data privacy company? What drew you to this industry?
There's an old axiom that says you never want to know “how the sausage gets made,” but I can honestly say that’s not true for data privacy. I’ve always wanted to make sure my data was as safe as possible, and what better way to do that than by joining the company leading the charge in that area?
6. Which of Osano’s core values do you identify with the most? Why?Delightful Experience
Very few things excite me more than being personally mentioned when someone reviews our service. Providing great service is such a huge part of who I am, and having Delightful Experience be one of Osano’s core values made it even more of a no-brainer to join.
7. What’s your favorite thing to do outside of work?
I currently own a home brewing business with a college friend of mine. We spend a lot of time brewing and trying anything we can get our hands on. Aside from enjoying the taste, I’ve also really learned a lot about the history and science of beer over the last few years. It’s also been a great way to meet people from all over the world with whom you immediately have something in common with.