A significant part of compliance is knowing what data you have and where it lives. Whether you need to perform a DPIA, provide evidence as part of an audit, or enhance security measures for data sources with higher risk, this can be a slow and painful process. Why? Because most companies have hundreds — if not thousands — of SaaS and on-premise systems where personal data is collected, transferred, shared, and stored.
That's why we've released Data Discovery. It uses artificial intelligence to discover and classify personal data, automate privacy rights fulfillment and demonstrate compliance. We launched this tool to save organizations hours of expensive manual labor and pain by automating the process.
Here's how to get started:
- Connect Osano Data Discovery to your cloud-based or on-premise products, platforms and databases with a few clicks. Osano Data Discovery supports both structured and unstructured data. If we don't already support your data provider, open a support ticket, and Osano engineering will create the connector quickly and at no cost. Usually in as little as 72 hours.
- Osano's AI, which has been trained on billions of data points, will search for and find data stored across your organization, saving you from the monotony of manual classification.
- As Osano's AI discovers new systems, it will automatically classify the data it finds into more than 60 categories of personal, personally identifiable (PII) and sensitive data based on hundreds of data types.
- Once your data has been categorized, it is then easily accessible and searchable.
Why does this matter?
Data Discovery is the foundation of a good privacy program. You can't be a responsible data steward if you don't know your data and where it lives.
Beyond wanting to do the right thing, several privacy and security laws require you to have your data mapped. That includes responding to data subject access requests or doing a privacy impact assessment. You can't do any of that without knowing where your data lives within the organization. Without automated data discovery, companies are often left to use systems like a manually built spreadsheet to track data. That makes you vulnerable to inefficiencies, human error and pain. And even then, oftentimes, data hiding in various systems and databases gets overlooked. Human error is real.
- Automates data identification and classification.
- Helps you comply with privacy and security obligations.
- Makes an inevitable process much less painful